Earlier this summer our chief morale officer, Marconi, put out a request to readers: Take our survey and tell us more about yourself.
Here’s what we learned.
We have readers across all sectors of health care in NC.
When asked what group best describes you:
- 62 percent said they were part of the health care delivery ecosystem including providers, health care systems, managed care systems, community clinics, government agencies, insurers, the pharmaceutical industry, researchers etc.
- 16 percent said they were involved with policy and law making including elected officials, policy makers, advocates and lobbyists.
- more than one-in-five people identified themselves as members of the general public including interested citizens, caregivers, students, educators and journalists.
We know our readers play multiple roles within health care because when we asked respondents to tell us all the groups they identified with, the percentages looked like this:
- 50 percent health care delivery system
- 20 percent policy and lawmakers
- 30 percent general public
Our readers are engaged. About three-quarters of respondents said they read NC Health News once a week or more. Just about half said they share or tell someone about one of our stories at least once a month.
Not receiving our headlines newsletter yet? You can subscribe here.
Readers value our reporting. They strongly agree or agree with the following statements:
- 91 percent NC Health News publishes stories that are important to me.
- 89 percent NC Health News publishes stories that are well researched, in-depth, and fair.
- Four out of five people said NC Health News publishes stories are not covered by other media outlets.
AND, the majority of those surveyed, two-thirds, said they would make an annual gift to NC Health News.
Did you know NC Health News is a nonprofit organization?
We are supported by donations from individuals, sponsorships from organizations and corporations, grants from foundations, partnerships with other news organizations and net proceeds from special events! You can become one of the people who makes NC Health News happen, Monday-Friday, 50 weeks/ year!
Please help keep us strong! Aaaaaaaand… we will be announcing a wonderful opportunity that’s been made available to our organization. Stay tuned for ways you can participate!
Healthy relationships take two. You told us who you are, so now it’s our turn to tell you about our team. In the coming weeks look for features about our reporters and staff so you can learn about their backgrounds and expertise.
Keep the interchange going. Comment on our stories. Tell us how we can improve our website and social media pages. Share our stories on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Have a story you think should be reported? You can submit your ideas by clicking on Story Tip? on our webpage header.
NC Health News is celebrating its 5th birthday this year and we couldn’t ask for a better audience than our readers. Thank you for reading NC Health News, and thank you for taking our survey so we can be your premier source for health reporting in North Carolina.
We’re proud to be stimulating healthy dialogue across our state.