North Carolina Health News is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:
We welcome comments but will delete those with any kind of product pitch, profanity, personal attacks or those from anyone who doesn’t list what appears to be an actual e-mail address.
We will also end any thread of comments that are repetitive. Because we moderate comments, we cannot, and will not, continue reacting to repeatedly inaccurate or unsubstantiated claims.
In short: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible. Share your knowledge and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.
North Carolina Health News encourages users to suggest removal of comments that violate any of the house rules:
1. Keep it clean – This is a public forum, open to civilized people who do not appreciate obscene, vulgar or sexually-oriented language, no matter how creatively spelled.
2. Keep it civil – Do not defame, threaten, abuse or invade the privacy of other readers or the subjects of stories. No racism, sexism or any other sort of -ism that degrades another person will be tolerated.
3. Keep it truthful and legal – Do not lie, impersonate another individual or post comments that advocate illegal activity.
4. Keep on topic – Stay focused on the subject at hand. Do not post advertisements or solicitations for funds, goods, or services.
5. Be responsible – Comments are the sole responsibility of those who post them.
6. Share your knowledge – Give us your eyewitness accounts, background and observations. If you see a factual error in a story or think there are issues we should follow up on, please call or e-mail us.
7. Exercise your authority – Police these comments and suggest removal of those that violate the house rules.
8. And remember – Rules violators may be permanently banned from commenting.
Questions about commenting may be sent to: editor_at_northcarolinahealthnews.org